Go Back   Free A3 - The unofficial Alabama 3 forum > The Music > MP3s

MP3s MP3s and other (officially sanctioned) downloadable media.

Old 06-02-07, 10:04 PM   #1
DaveG73

DaveG73 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to DaveG73 Send a message via MSN to DaveG73
*Important, Please Read* Mp3 Forum Etiquette.

I really didn�t want to have to do this, but it is getting to a point where I feel it is needed, as I don�t want the situation to go down the same road as it did on another forum that I use.

The music provided in this forum, is provided for you the same way it was provided to us, FREE. Most of the people here, who have met in meatspace and indeed some who haven�t, have provided live recordings or �Recordings of Independent Origin� (ROIO) to other members of the board purely for the enjoyment factor of hearing them and naturally spreading the love of Alabama 3 to the widest number of people possible.

Recently there has been an explosion of live recordings/remixes/rarities becoming available on the site and it has highlighted that there is a lack of etiquette on this board.

While I appreciate that the majority of members here are not guilty, this applies to everyone regardless of your status within the FreeA3 community.

Please try to remember that whatever is posted on this forum requires a level of effort from an individual member, whether it be taking the time to Upload a live show, remix a track or host a file, it is done for your benefit.

So here are a few suggestions for keeping this forum a happy and interesting place for fans of Alabama 3�s music.

Take the time to follow the instructions given to you.

Sounds simple, I know, but if someone takes the time and Bandwidth to host a rare track etc, and asks you to save it rather than playing it through their hosting, then do that. It takes about the same time to save the track as it does to stream it. (Considerably less if you are on a slow connection). Once it has landed on your HD you can do with it as you will. If you like/love it keep it, if not delete. Don�t waste bandwidth paid for by someone else to come to a conclusion. It is provided free, so don�t charge other people for listening to it.

Show your appreciation.

If someone posts something you download, drop in and say thanks. It really is that easy. A small amount of appreciation goes a long way.

*This relates to the first paragraph where I referred to another site that I use. Some of the best posters of good quality music will no longer post on an open board as they feel that there efforts in tracking down the rarities/live recordings/etc are not appreciated and as such they are not interested in sharing the other gems that they have in reserve.*

It doesn�t take long, in fact it takes a lot less time than the download does, just go to the thread, say thanks, then leave.

Join the conversation.

We leave this forum open to everyone for one simple reason, WE WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE ALABAMA3.

If you come around here and lurk on a frequent basis, or even an infrequent basis, and you download something , sign up and follow suggestion #2. You never know, you might enjoy it. We don�t bite (apart from Holy Blood) and we won�t spam the email address you provide to sign up. Scouts Honour.

I hope this goes without saying.

We (the members) are providing you with free live/remix/rare recordings of the band, which have been provided to us in a similar manner. These shows should not be appearing on eBay etc or be for sale in any way, (with the exceptions of the �Independently Released� CDs put out by the band, should they become available again.

If you see one of these shows suddenly appearing online for sale after it has been posted here, please don�t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and remember that if you follow these suggestions the music will keep on coming, there are plenty of things out there that haven�t yet seen the light of day. I really want to hear it all and hope you do too.

Dave.
Old 06-02-07, 10:13 PM   #2
The Dragnim

The Dragnim is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to The Dragnim
Re: *Important, Please Read* Mp3 Forum Etiquette.

Thats a sticky if ever I saw one. Nice one Dave.
Old 06-02-07, 11:08 PM   #3
Sean Lynch

Sean Lynch is on a distinguished road

Remember folks!!...right click ....aaaaaand save, all together now, nice one dave thanks for the effort, message recieved
Old 06-02-07, 11:43 PM   #4
holy_blood

holy_blood is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via ICQ to holy_blood Send a message via AIM to holy_blood Send a message via Yahoo to holy_blood Send a message via Skype™ to holy_blood
Thumbs up Re: *Important, Please Read* Mp3 Forum Etiquette.

EXCELLENT POST, DAVE. *hearts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG73 View Post
Join the conversation.

We leave this forum open to everyone for one simple reason, WE WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE ALABAMA3.
TESTIFY, BROTHER!

but you forgot the part about bullshitting around --- my total fave apart from the music cause i love it when people here get silly and i can attempt to drag them down to my level. *proudtard*

Quote:
If you come around here and lurk on a frequent basis, or even an infrequent basis, and you download something , sign up and follow suggestion #2. You never know, you might enjoy it. We don�t bite (apart from Holy Blood)
and only when provoked. ah calls it as ah sees it.

I hope this goes without saying.

Quote:
We (the members) are providing you with free live/remix/rare recordings of the band, which have been provided to us in a similar manner. These shows should not be appearing on eBay etc or be for sale in any way, (with the exceptions of the �Independently Released� CDs put out by the band, should they become available again.
we used to report the eBay phonies to Derek at OLI. i think someone did something about that then once or twice, who knows now?

Quote:
If you see one of these shows suddenly appearing online for sale after it has been posted here, please don�t hesitate to let us know.
A-fuckin-Men!

Quote:
Thanks for reading my ramblings and remember that if you follow these suggestions the music will keep on coming, there are plenty of things out there that haven�t yet seen the light of day. I really want to hear it all and hope you do too.

Dave.
thank you for this post, Dave.

Life would be great if it weren't for the people. -- rimone

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -- Mark Twain

A LIFE TOTALLY WASTED
holy_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 06:20 PM   #5
tohellwithgeorgia

tohellwithgeorgia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG73 View Post